Downtown Hospitality Programs
Our hospitality programs are designed to continually engage the public and create fantastic, memorable district experiences.
Empowered to Serve
Ambassadors are not just trained but encouraged to find meaningful ways to improve someone's district experience, whether that's offering an umbrella during the rain or providing directions to a popular restaurant. Some of the hospitality services they provide include:
- Offering a friendly greeting and assistance.
- Giving easy-to-follow directions.
- Providing recommendations on things to see and do.
- Answering questions.
- Identifying customer service opportunities, such as carrying packages or holding a door.
Start with the Right People
Since we began providing services to improvement districts, we recognized the importance of selecting not just hard working people, but friendly, engaging people to comprise our ambassador teams. Our motto is “hire for personality and train for skills,” because people with outgoing and caring personalities need only to be equipped with customer service skills and knowledge of the district to become excellent hospitality ambassadors.
In many of our destination-driven cities we've created hospitality-centered programs. Our programs in places like Baltimore's Inner Harbor, the River Walk in San Antonio, the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, and the beach district of Waikiki are all centered on hospitality-related concepts.
10 Ways to Make Your Downtown Friendlier
Friendly downtowns attract more visitors, residents, businesses and investors. Request our free guide to learn 10 key strategies for making your improvement district friendlier, and in turn, setting the stage for growth and prosperity.
- The single most important factor in making your district more hospitable
- Strategies for improving the visibility of your hospitality program
- Tactics for creating a more pleasant downtown atmosphere
Complete the form on the right to download the tip sheet now.
Free Hospitality Guide: 10 Ways to Make Your Downtown Improvement District Friendlier
Downtown improvement districts are more than just a collection of buildings, stores and restaurants. They are about the experiences people have while they live, work and play downtown.
A friendlier district leads to growth and prosperity but requires active interaction with the public. In our hospitality guide, we uncover ten strategies to engage visitors, residents, district workers, homeless persons, students and businesses in your district.
Download our free guide, 10 Ways to Make Your Downtown Improvement District Friendlier to learn:
- Best practices on how to approach the different audiences in your district
- Strategies to encourage community with events
- Ways to better connect with your district and create a culture of hospitality
Complete the form on the right to download the guide now.